Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

10 words you must know when you travel in japan

Hi! konichiwa! This is the 7th day I am in Japan! hahaha. Lucky me, I know. *wink* But it is not a luxury one, so no need to xian mu or jealous. everything is in budget. hahahha

And I believe one day you will have your feet on this country =======> Japan!

So this post is going to be useful to you as it is my experience.. (and for some dear listener, this is not going to have any picture in this post.. but next post would be update of how I am doing so far....stay tune, ok? don't leave me... *sob sob sob* )



This is the 7th day in Japan, and I'm, again, lucky *Thanks God* to have Sandy;s brother with us who can speak fluent Japanese, then one day with sandy without her brother, then today I'm ALONE!!! ya! I'm alone, but I survive over there just using these few words. Keep your eyes open while read, don't scroll so fast...


Warning: all this is based on what I heard and said, not sure the spelling of it, but so far it works fine on me.

HOW TO START A CONVERSATION asking for direction.
Yes, hate to say that but I'm not so good in directions and I prefer to have people confirm with me am I in the correct way... So, I always use

1. Sumimasen
 which means excuse me... remember to say it in a not so loud tone and bow (at least a bit).

2. Doko _____________ o desu ka?
  which means where is __________?

then again, you must at least know the direction in Japan language.
3. Migi
which means Right 

4. Hadari
 which means Left

5. Musko
which means go straight

Then when all these don't help you at all, bring out your map and ask...
6. Ima wa doko... (this is definitely not the correct sentence, but it works during these few days... )
which mean Where am I now..
Ima means Now..

most probably they will show you, then WE MUST show some manners as well.. so, we answer
7. arigatou gozaimasu
I prefer to add gozaimasu, becuase more formal and more polite. (kinda get used to keep saying this)

Then when you wanna order food, and not a single japan word that you can read, then take out your phone. Yes, take it out, and snap a picture of that and show the cashier or the boss.  

8. kore
which means This. Use this when u wanna order food. Most probably they will understand.. If wanna be more advance... Kore o kaimasu.. (this is how I pronounce la.. hahhaha) which means I wanna buy This..

What if the menu don't have picture, and the price is cheap enough for you to take the courage out to ask PLUS the boss looks so friendly.

9. Kore o nan desuka?
Which means What is this.

10. Ikura desuka?
Which means How much. (And ya, you need to know the number in Japan... Hmmm, I think to be safer and more convenient, maybe another 20 words you need to know. But, these 10 words, you must tattoo it in your brain!


Mata ne.. see you soon.
Tomorrow will finally meet up host family. I'm sooooo looking forward.


Will post up recent update of how my life going in Japan.

3 comments: