Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

Mutual understanding

Caution : this is a post posted using iPhone and it was done at 2.46 am. So a lot grammar and spelling mistakes are expected. I'm sorry for that.

I remember when I was first year, one of the lecturer knew that I have a boyfriend at that time and it was a long relationship. He told me it is hard for a vet student to maintain the relationship as it is hard to get mutual understanding between 2 people from 2 different kind of world which we would be taught to think an act differently . And to be honest with you, I think most of the vet (including me ) are proud of their occupation and it could easily mistaken as ego ( or it is ego?) by others. Because we are so proud of our work, 

Then I realize. It doesn't only apply in relationship, but as well as in friendship. 

Sometime people make jokes on my future career. I tried my best to be as open, as cheerful as possible. But sometime I guess it was too over that I may feel insulted. 

I don't blame on them, because it is not their fault or my fault either. Just that our perception is different. Which they see animals or pets not as an important beings in their life, so maybe try can make fun with it. Which they don't see people deal with animals as someone cool. 

Let's make a simple example. 
I see animal keepers cool. Do you? 
Of coz I see vets cool. Hahaha. Do you? 
I see dog whisperer cool. Do you? 


Just some point that I am not happy with. 
1.  They said, u put finger into dogs anus. 
Ok, I came across this question for FEW times! Some said take temperature. Some said don't know. Some received wrong info. Some miscommunicate. 
Oh God. We take temperature using thermometer. I know we are incredible, but not to te level we can take rectal temperature using our own finger! We insert thermometer into rectum!! Not finger. 
In some situation we might put in our little finger for some purpose. And only do it when necessary, such as suspect disease involve prostate gland. 

2. *some animals suddenly show up out of no where* eh, faster communicate with them.  You are et right. 
You gotta be kidding me. Trust me, I wish I can speak animal language more than you can think of. Joke only works once. Let's don't make it a lame joke.
* imagine me listen to this everytime with different people. Not only friends, but with my family, even sometime monkey does this as well. Haish. 


And the list goes on. 

And good night ppl. 



Xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment