Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

when FOOOOOOOD meets EARTHQUAKE

I was suppose to blog 2 days ago, but since earthquake happened at 4pm something, so was really alert by any chance of tsunami happen. Thanks god, nothing happen. =D .... so far. i

Now, I would like to present the food i ate yesterday. Early morning, around 8am, (I'm sorry, Lazy woman) went to Penang Island by ferry. We didn't drive, we WALK.
This is the one that accompany me for this food discovery journey. A snapshot of us=D And this was taken while we're on the ferry. (luckily earthquake didn't happen at that time, imagine, WAVE+Ferry, woah~)

The map roughly shows how far we've gone.. about 6km.  From jetty to Little India and Lebuh Campbell, lastly First Avenue mall which is just next to Komtar. And of course, we choose to take bus instead of walking all the way back to jetty. *lazy*
Among the food we tried, highly recommend 2 places for breakfast in penang island.
The first one is Aik Hoe Dim Sum Restaurant.
6 & 8, Lebuh Carnavon,
10100 George Town, Penang


The famous one already sold out by the time we reach there. and these were what we had ordered. I would say it tastes better than its look. Haha. It's quite nice.
I personally like the bao and Sao Mai. =D









【益和茶楼】
Aik Hoe Dim Sum Restaurant


And we continue our food-discovery-journey. The following one is the DAMN FAMOUS kopitiam! serve Hainam kopia and roti bakar. You know, the typical old style chinese breakfast. Sometimes with half-boiled egg. 
He met his colleague there and told us that out beloved Ketua Menteri, Lim Guang Eng ever been there as well. Mai Siao Siao~


 I'm a hainamese, so I've been drinking Hainam Kopi since i was a kid. I like Hainam kopi, and it perfectly match with half boiled eggs and roti bakar! 

 I guess this is the main reason for the long queue. They use Charcoal! I realise any food you used charcoal to cook/fry/boil, it must be famous, eg: char koey teow, charcoal bun and etc.
 By the time we reach butterworth, and this is the time where earthquake happened! If i went back to butterworth later, i would had experience the second dizzy feeling caused by earthquake. I experienced once, at 2009, the year of the tsunami happens. According to my mum and dad, they said, table vibrating, dizzy vision. it's roughly the same like last time.















No comments:

Post a Comment