Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

Terrible experience at a hair saloon in Butterworth, Penang

I am currently on anger mode when I am writing this. Because this happened few hours before I post it. Please feel free to share this, because what I experienced is intolerable for most women and some man.


I want to colour my hair, and I don't know which hair saloon to go in Butterworth. My mum told me there's a new hair saloon. So, I went. Let's call this hair saloon "XXX" first.

When I reach this hair saloon, it's empty. No customer. It's sunday, man.


But the staff and the boss are friendly and attentive, and so, let's give it a try.


The hair stylist who handle me is the boss, 26 years old man, worked at quite a few hair saloon before (according to him). He quotes me RM150 for my hair length without letting me see the price list. This is my hair, shoulder length or medium length.




RM150 for coloring for medium length hair, it's acceptable for me.

Meanwhile, he tries to persuade me go with the treatment service, which will cost me another RM 150. I didn't take it.

Then while waiting for my colouring done, I search this XXX hair saloon in facebook. Then I find out that they are actually having this promotion, 30% off for all chemical service. which including colouring service.


P.S: promotion only valid from 01 october till 31 OCTOBER.

I choose to wait for the boss to tell me. It's a young man, just started doing business for half a year time.Maybe he just forgot. Maybe.

Then the student/junior hair stylist washes my hair. While washing I asked about the price for perming. The student said he will pass me the price list later.

When the student passes me the price list, the boss takes it and asks what else I wanna do. I said, wanna do hair perming next time maybe.

I insist that I want to have a look at the price list.

I didn't take the picture of it, but this is what I remember.

                                 medium length             long length
colouring                      RM140+                     RM180+ (I'm not so sure with the exact amount, but it's less than 200)
Digital Perm                 RM180+

I ask the boss if my hair is considered long or medium. He says my hair is medium length. and perming will cost me another RM180.

so, I just kept quiet. That time I just wanna let it go, and next time just don't go there anymore.

Then the boss tries to persuade me to do hair treatment again. I am upset deep down then I just explode.

ME You didn't even want to mention there is a 30% discount promotion going on. You have no intention to tell me. Even the treatment also, you didn't want to tell me there's actually 30% discount going on.

Boss looks shocked to me at that time and quickly replies me.
Boss: The price I quote you is discounted price.

Let's do some math calculation, if the price given is discounted price, its actual price is RM214 (RM150/0.7x10) which is higher than the long hair coloring service that quote on the price list.

after he tells me that, he quickly walk off and serve another just walk in client.

I talk to the student.

Me: Your boss is not being honest.

Student replied: Actually I also forgot about this.

WTFish...

Boss comes again and asks: How did you find out about this?

Me: I saw it in facebook.

Boss: How did you see it leh?

Me: I search your page in facebook and find out about this loh.

Boss: oh....
Then the boss walks away.

Then when I'm going to pay, the student asked " How much we should charge her?"

Boss: RM150

He says it while cutting another customer's hair.

Me: You seriously not going to give me the 30% discount even after I saw the promtion that you posted in Facebook.

Boss: The price shown is price list is actually discounted price, it's a new price list. Just started this month.

The student stood there without saying a word and looks sorry to me.

Still remember the promotion picture?

The promotion is only for October. So, he made a new price list that only valid for 31 days.


So, I pay the bill, and walk off.


I would like to emphasize again, that throughout this 1 hour, Boss didn't tell me that he actually discount for me. and all the price quoted is already discount. He has no intention to tell me till I saw it in facebook.  And it's really rare that business man don't tell customers that they give special price or promotion to the customer when they actually did it. And to some business man, even when they didn't give discount, they actually tell you that they did.



The price list that shown to me do not have any "PROMOTION" words, or sticker on it, it doesn't look new either.



P.s: I mosaic the name because it is a young businessman, he still has a long way to go. I hope, as a young businessman, as least don't take your customers as dumbass.

No comments:

Post a Comment