Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

How does advertisement disappoint me =(

When we come across advertisements, its always look good especially those from the fast food company. It look BIG, JUICY, CRISPY, HEALTHY *when I said healthy, it just means there is fresh vege in it*, normally with a price that you would feel CHEAP or RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP or WORTHY.

I believe a lot of us have been familiar with this feeling where reality doesn't match with adverstisment, just like reality there are no prince charming, may be there are, but 90% are gay or married and left 10% for those lucky and had done so much great things that God even feel guilty not honor her a prince charming. Anyways, prince charming doesn't exist  mostly food-in-reality doesn't match with the advertisement. 

Surprisingly when I google online "advertisement and reality", then I know, I am not that mean if I wanna blog about this. There is a website, talk about adv vs reality by showing lots of picture taken in reality and advertisement. *But it is an UK website, no malaysia website was found yet (I'm lazy)* Here are the photo I got from it.  

Not really much different. The most important thing is still the taste of it. No doubt, we love it. 

Blah Blah Blah, wander away from the point and now finally get into my story of it. 
KFC, yeah, Kentucky Fried Chicken.
To a poor vet student like me who has a busy uni-life *yeah, I know, you  must be thinking how busy will it be, no worry, will post about my schehdule next time then you will understand why do I say so*, It's a luxury and very happening moment to have dinner in KFC. (woah, seriously?!) It maybe over exagerated, but I am just like other youngster, like eating fastfood. *act young* LOL.

so when I saw this in front of the KFC.
Packed with Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, Zinger-filler chunks and drizzled with a pinapple-mango sauce that makes the last bite taste the best. 

yeah, it looks BIG

JUICY, the cheese yes
CRISPY, the chicken yes.
HEALTHY
ans CHEESE~~~
extra point! it's rm 2.60 only. (of cz I'm not going to order combo meal which only added carbonated drink charged RM 1.90.)

As a Kiamsiap auntie, no doubt. I ordered it.

That's when reality strikes me.
it came in a small size.... BIG
it's ok, we don't judge the book by its cover. so, I open it..
which make me even more disappointed.

 Did you notice it's just about the size of the tissue paper?! If not, see again. but KFC is always very generous in giving tissue. So, please return or take back the extra, don't waste it. Love the earth, save paper, save trees.  *act environmental friendly* *you don't know me enough* =P



 Closer view of it. It looks HEALTHY (there is vege and no meat at the first glance, lol) and Not-so-Healthy. I don't remember I saw the orange,whitish strand like substance?! that shown in the advertisement, it was supposed to be with vegetables, chicken crispy chicken, and CHEESE.. WHERE DID THE CHEESE GO??! now my blog website name is perfectly match the photo wtf.  Oh, I just realise, could it be that the orange whitish strands are actually the cheese? *taste bud failed to determine*

Yeah, see the difference?! =( 
P.s it's my hand holding it, dun add marks for that. lol. 
How does it taste?!
my fault. I didn't notice that the sauce is pineapple mango, so i didn't expect it to be SOUR.  I was too excited when I saw the combination of cheese and crispy then I forgot the sauce. So I think the caption of the advertisement does match with it! pinapple-mango sauce that makes the last bite taste the best, which the last bite doesn't have any sauce on it. =D 

I manage the finish everything except the wrapping roti with sauce on it. sorry...


I personally think KFC has the biggest gap between advertisement and reality among the fast food restaurant. I had tried few times the newly promoted meal, end up with disappointment.


But, the fried chicken is still at the finger's licking good level since I was a kid. So, next time, I will order snack plate no matter how delicious the advertisement of new food looks.




6 comments:

  1. Herm... Dont look too healthy eh... But kfc had got a history of "on add look big" kind of add. Need I mention all their burgers? on oicture, they seems huge, in reality, the size of chicken nuggets... one does not simple try out other stuff at kfc... Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "one does not simply try out other stuff at kfc" haha, noted!

      ya, KFC is the worst in this type of reputation i guess. It doesn't really matter if the food still tastes good (or less matter in that case), but when even the taste not reach the expectation, that's the disappointment moment. =C

      Delete
  2. Standard la. I never really went for the side promotional meals other than double zinger burger. Snack plate or dinner plate yes, and oh the my goodness best thing ever created cheesy wedges!!!! never got the cheese dip recipe done before though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it since long time ago, may be aging causes fading of that memory plus kiamsiap auntie plus super tasty-look plus etc.....blah blah blah.... then gt disappointed. then now take note on it again.. hope it's not ac cycle.

      wa! u eat double zinger burger?! your stomach size correlates with your body size ya. =D

      cheese is perfectly matched with wedges! =D *slurp*

      Delete
    2. if not how to stay at my size orh? back in subang got fat like damn alot sial. have to tone up again before going back or im gonna look hideous in course night XD

      Delete
    3. Haha. No worry, practical time would burn all your fat.. *oops, did I just say FAT?!*

      Delete