Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Does fish really eat rice dumpling?

I get excited for festival not really because of I know the meaning of the festival, but mostly, it's because

FOOD 

Yes. 
Every festival has different kind of food and you will automatically link the food with festival, vice versa. 

You don't believe it? let's try it out. 

Link the following with the correct answer. 



Get what I mean? when we talk about festival, it's the festival that matter more to us.. *at least me.., oh, shame on me* 

The moral value of the festival also very important! *said out of guilt*

So, the most recent festival is Duan Wu Festival , 端午节.


To summarize the reason and history how Duan Wu Festival arise: 
  1. It happens in China long long long long time ago
  2. There is a Chinese man named Qu Yuan who is very loyal to his country. 
  3. The king doesn't listen to him, prefer those useless Pegawai Pangkat Tinggi that talk sweet talk. *Normal la, just like drama, King won't listen to patriot's opinion/suggestion*
  4. Qu Yuan got kicked out and suicide by jumping off the reef. 
  5. The news spread just like how fat the gossip spread, *forgot to mention he is admired by the people*.
  6. So they make rice dumpling so that fish eats rice dumpling in stead of eating the corpse/living Qu Yuan
  7. They also paddle out on boat and play drums so that it would scare fish away.
  8. So, now we have race of dragon boat
  9. and rice dumpling to eat!
If you can't imagine how dragon boat race looks like, the picture bellow illustrate well about dragon boat race. 
 But I don't think they wore like this last time lo.. =P

So, What makes me curious about the history above is

DOES FISH REALLY EAT RICE DUMPLING?! 
P.s: rice dumpling is dumpling with sticky rice as ingredient and cover tightly by bamboo leaves

So I decided to conduct an experiment! 
Did I tell you that I got Captain with me now?

So, here's the experiment. 

So, Captain, are you ready? Do you wanna eat this? 
Captain: No idea what's that.  

Let captain has a good look before I throw it in.. 
Captain doesn't seem interested at all. I open it up somemore! 

 I was thinking to throw it in actually. But, ...... 
Ok.. I admit I chicken out. 
I am worried about contamination with oil, so I hold this idea back.  
Haha. Paiseh la~! 

So, I made another experiment. 
I open it up, and put it near, to see whether Captain interested not? 
Yes, it's very oily! 
 Coming?!

Swim away. 


Captain is not interested at all. 

And the body of Qu Yuan wasn't found. 

So, I will be extra careful when I feed Captain. 

2 comments:

  1. Answer to that connect the dots,

    Bah kua during raya, ketupat during chinese new year and dumpling? dump into the sea... too fattening... =P

    that story... sounds like a marketing ploy by some ancient big chinese companies... cough cough...

    haha, shall I say happy Duan wu? hehe, by the way... really kesian to be your fish~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. he is not kesian at all. he has all my <3 *puke* =P

      Happy Duan Wu! =D

      Delete