Pages

Saturday 29 September 2012

Food Review: Still Charcoal Cooked

Invited food review:  Foong Lian

To the people who love waxed meat or clay pot rice, I wrote this for you, you have to read it! You gotta read it.

My friends are all asking me about the food. Is it really taste good? Or I just write because they give me free food, so I have to write for them. So you think my liang xin can be easily bribed with food la.. T______T
But to those who know me, you still can try bribing me with food. Haha.

My answer is. No!
I just write my opinion about how it tastes. And if you notice and I hope you noticed, I would stress more on some certain food. Yeah, that's the lauk yang sedap! Haha. I'm blessed with food.
So nice that when I need to save money, then get to go along with food bloggers.


Back to Foong Lian! The Clay Pot Food Restaurant.
It's not far away from South City Plaza.

This is the outlook of the restaurant. Oh yeah. It's non-halal. =(
Clay Pot Fo.... The customers too hungry and ate up O and D... True story. 
If you are a KL people, you may saw this some where else.
Yes! Pudu! There are 2 restaurants. It originates from Pudu, just a stall in a Kopitiam until today it has 2 modernly renovated restaurant. When I know this, I know, it would be tasty. =D *Woman=me=simple minded*

Let me summarize everything. "Clay pot rice that still use Charcoal to cook." haha.
In Penang, I realize anything that use charcoal to cook especially Char Kuey Teow for sure it would be famous!
Yes! Got Wifi!
Lemon Longan Juice. I had it when I was really thirsty! because my college no water. So, I didn't drink like...4 hours. Random shout out : K17 WHY YOU ALWAYS NO WATER! This is just nice!
And sour sweet taste of it perfect matching with Clay Pot rice which taste more salty.
Ribena Longan. My college, K17 also got. I prefer our college one. haha. XP


Foong Lian Clay Pot Waxed Meat Rice 
This is my most favourite!!! When it first served, you can even smell it from the entrance!!
I like chinese sausage. Sometime I would purposely go for fried rice that has chinese sausage.

BUT THIS!! IT'S NOT ORDINARY CLAYPOT RICE WITH CHINESE SAUSAGE!!

Allow me to present you my findings.. haha.. *listen too much of clinical rounds presentation.*


Yes!!! there are 5 types of waxed meat.
from the left.
腊肠,桂花肉, 沦肠, 腊肉,腊鸭.
even the rice has the waxed meat taste! It's not too soft, not too dry. It's just right!! It's bit salty but waxed meat memang salty right?!
I like the middle one the most, 沦肠. LIKE LIKE!! It's chewy. sweet. salty. and wangi. *wtf broken english*   A mouthful of rice with the waxed meat leaves you a wonderful tingly aftertaste on your tongue! You just have to try this out!


Foong Lian Claypot Chicken Rice
I wouldn't tell you much about this, but you can always refer my friends for their review of it. English version and Chinese Version  . And you should read theirs. =D


Foong Lian Clay Pot Prawn Rice
Not everyone have the chance to eat this. It's your luck!
Foong Lian is strict on choosing material, they only serve fresh prawn, 明虾. If they have stock, they will only serve 1 medium and 1 small Clay Pot Prawn Rice. No reservation is accepted, so it's solely based on your luck.
There are a few customers that love this prawn rice so much that they would purposely go just for Prawn Rice. If it's sold out/no stock, they leave. *crawl face* waaaa...

haha.. It's tasty and when it was served, it was boiling!!!! The aromatic scent of it cover the smell of Waxed meat rice *but it was serve like 5 minutes later than waxed meat rice haha* They have specially made source for this! So I think that's why people like this!

I would say I prefer Foong Lian Clay Pot Waxed Meat Rice. I like waxed meat too much I guess.

So visit them now!

Name: Foong Lian
Address:

Their very first restaurant, no air-conditioner:
55, Jalan Yew Pudu,55100 Kuala Lumpur.

Second branch restaurant, with air-conditioner:
15, Jalan SR 8/4, Taman Putra Indah, 43300 Seri Kembangan.

Email: info@foonglian.com
Contact number: 03-9287 2294 (Pudu), 03-8944 1682 (SR)

And Like them in Facebook!

4 comments:

  1. Tell your friends, we are bloggers. We express opinions based on our personal taste buds (foods)~ Since food itself is a complex matter, thus it is dependence on time, place and people...

    Btw, simple yet nice write up! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaa... haha. KX sounds angry!! dun angry ya... minum air~~ deep breath.. inhale.... exhale... repeat twice.

    Faster update yours and wanna see yours. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol~ Mana ada angry oh... hahaha! Za dao~ =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hungry la~~~~~
    Between, the correct chinese word of 沦肠 is 润肠, after confirmed with Mr. Chooi ^^

    ReplyDelete