Pages

Sunday 16 September 2012

Food review- Fontana Cafe

Invited review:

My friend is making a project on doing food reviews on food around UPM. So, I'm so lucky that I actually catch his eyes, and bring me along to this date. It's my very first time hanging out with new friends because of blogging!! I was really excited about it. I even post a post  about it. 

The place that we had our dinner is Fontana Cafe. It's an australian restaurant that had been on scene by Jalan-jalan cari makan for 2 times. 

You may think that it's either Jalan-jalan cari makan is running out of choices, management people is too lazy or other negative reasons that cause them HAVE TO find Fontana Cafe to film for 2 times  OR it's just simple because it's too tasty that they want to tell everyone else. Sharing is caring. 

So, this is Fontana cafe's signboard. It's red and you won't miss it along the track. 

They arrange tables outside the cafe as well. Typical Malaysian Style. 


The cafe is decorated with lots of australian local things


Yes, order drinks first. I saw a drink named Monkey Island. Wanted to order but they didn't served it that day. =(  Dear Monkey, see me being so loyal to you! 
1. Maltose.  
 taste like vanila drink. And it is vanilla drink.
2.Wattime Cruz
Heavy strawberry milk taste.

3. Allow me to present you the tastiest drink that would make me take out my wallet and order one more of it. If you like chocolate, you would love it. The creamy chocolate taste that last forever in your mouth that you would reluctant to give them a gulp. waaaaa... Serious, No Joke!
THE CHOCOLATE FRAPPE
It's pricey bit, RM13.25 (2 drinks mentioned above is bit higher, RM13.80) but when I'm down, this would make me happy.

This is Kak Riza, the owner of the cafe.
You may be asking, Malay owner means this is not pure australian cafe, doesn't serve 100% australian food.
You're wrong!!
She met her husband also known as FONTANA when she studied in Australia, then they fall in love and got married and here it is, The Fontaba cafe and catering!! *Love is all around us, so sweet* and she started learning about cooking australian meals from grandmother-in-law, aunties and other relatives. No Doubt in recipe!
Furthermore, the BEEF is 100% australian beef. *drooling*

Too bad I didn't get to try beef burger which I believe it would be super super tasty. T_______T
Kak Riza being considerate not serving us beef burger because most chinese don't eat beef. *but i eat.... *

OZ ostrich burger with turkey slice
 This burger is huge man! time freezes when I saw it!
 It's the size of my face if you notice. So, it's either my face small or burger big......hmmmm.. if in that case, is my face small hahaha.

Picture after I got myself unfreeze.

Then I ran out to take a picture of this in case I forgot lol. It's now proven true! 

One more picture please~ 

I have to show you this! Can you see how many layers it actually has?!! Oh god.. I saw melted cheese
For this super big burger with 5layers in it, comes in a set with fries, cost you RM 15.40. I want bacon!!
 Fontana ostrich burger
 Did you see hashbrown in it?

The difference between Fontana and OZ burger. That's the reason why OZ burger is bit more expensive.
One set of Fontana Burger with fries costs you only RM10.10!!!
I think it's big enough for me to share with my girlfriends.

We also had Chicken Chop.
One thing special about chicken chop is the coating flour. That's makes it more crispy and crunchier than usual, unlike other usual chicken chop, it's crispy at first bite only.
I am a burger and cheese person, so I prefer OZ burger. But for those who wanna try the unusual chicken chop, you can try it out. Oh ya, for those who like mesh potato, the sauce tastes like the sauce put in mesh potato. Steven like it so much. He finished up the sauce with fries dipping with the sauce.

This is the MOST LIKED by me.
The NACHO 


Dear Kak Liza prepared this for us and forgot some of us not eat beef. *Not me*
I love beef when comes to western food, mamak, burgers. Oh..
Now I should add one more in my list, Mexican food.

I wouldn't recommend you to eat this if you dine in alone. This is too big for one person. It's more like a snacks to us, but it's so much for us as well. It's really nicely beef taste and the combination of cheese, corn snacks, beef, herbs, and chili con carne,  is just perfect. Slightly spicy, but if I can tolerate with it, you have no worry on the spiciness. It's heavenly taste.

Note: eat it when is freshly baked! Then you are in heaven.
I was actually taking photo of what we eat and see what's kang xiang tot I was doing.
So, I was forced to take a closer and clearer picture of them.. shhh, dun tell him.

The Fontana-- mmmm... The YOUNG Fontana.
Fontana cafe is actually named after Kak Riza's husband, so, her son is Fontana also. Fontana's product. Haha.
 Me Kiasu wanna take photo with him.
Wrong strategy! I didn't appear as kind, pretty, friendly sis. More like a witch. Haha. Look at his eyes. *sigh*.                  I'm still a pretty chinese!! *yelling in my heart*

So, you see, it's full house and kak Riza is giving recomemdation of what to eat. She can talk fluently in English, and she is very proud of her food recipe, telling the ingredients and special recipe, how it was cooked and how special it is.


So after the main course and dessert, Kak Riza shows us another pride of hers.
THE TEA BOX 
Most of the tea you can't buy it from anywhere in Malaysia. She brought these in.

Me being artistic trying to take artistic picture of teabox. haha.
We had this
It's a traditional tea in Australia, only in australian and which originally put in claypot and burried in soiled for a period than only drink it. *FIND ME CLAYPOT NOW!*
And it's now in convenient tea bag and you don't need to do so. sit nicely there, and put hot water then you can have a taste of australian tea.
I'm not a tea person,
So, I prefer chocolate frappe. *I can't say no to chocolate*
But according to Kang Xiang who had more experience on tea, he said, it's smooth and with scents of herbals. So, if you are a tea person and wanna have something different, try this. Just ask kak Riza, then she will tell you, what are the option, or you can choose from the TEA BOX.

What she holds in her hand is the prove of her restaurant serves 100% original autralian food.
I spot this. That night we only try ostrich burger, not beef, not rabbit, not venison.
Can dabao? haha


Here's the facebook page, Give it a like to support Malaysian-made Australian food.
They blog also.

And here are the some experience by other blogger that I took from google.
Ira and mummy

The add:
No.7, Jalan Putra Permai 1A, Taman Equine, 43300 Seri Kembangan, Selangor.

It is just near by Jusco Equine park and Mc Donald Equine park.
Do contact them if you have any queries or booking for catering because they serves catering as well!

Email: fontana.cafeandcatering@gmail.com
Hp num: 016-346 8594 kak Riza


Random google and find out about this
Eat with cheaper price now! They are selling their rm20 voucher with RM 10 only!
Click here

Visit them now!

Update:
The offer will be ended at 1159pm, 16th Sept 2012. So have to eat with original price. But it worth the price. Beef imported from australian and homemade patties, No MSG, NO AJINOMOTO.

5 comments:

  1. Hor~ Nobody tell me but I already know, through stalking~ =P
    Btw, ABORIGINAL ART (4th photo) shocked me~ A hand with red line there... Looks like horror movie poster... lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't even notice. XD

      Oh god, now are you sure we were eating ostrich meat? haha!

      Delete
    2. I "think" I am sure. LOL~

      Delete
  2. Nice review Chia Lin, the food look awesome and you look pretty too.. Keep it up to your blogging. I've purchased Groupon coupon at Fontana. Gonna try your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great!! Try out Nacho if you are going in a gang. I love that. If you ordered Beef burger, do let me know is it nice?

      Delete