Pages

Saturday 22 September 2012

Food review: Be happy, be Happy Wok

Invited review:

I have a friend, kinda close friend, we always call him Ah Bird, Not that he looks like a bird or he FLIES~~~ *never see him trying.*

A boy that lives in Malaysia for 18 years, been living in a heaven full of famous word-rank delicious food, after 3 years of study in Taiwan, came back and tell me, he miss Taiwan Food. *He is now in Taiwan and I don't know whether he still studies or works there. He just lives there! * So, I lost another close friend. T______T
Random shout out!!!
Dear birdly Abalone, I did miss you, sometimes. Hope you still do fine out there. =D And get a pretty hot girlfriend!

Back to topic. At that time, I don't understand, is Taiwan food that tasty. Not that I understand because i've never been to Taiwan.

So, I heard friends telling me there is a restaurant just next to South City Plaza owned by a Taiwanese that serve real local Taiwan food that lots of Taiwanese/those "home-sick-faketaiwanese just like Ah Bird" would go have meal there.

So, here I am, introduce you....
                        HAPPY WOK
This is it!
Of coz, usually you won't see so many people taking camera snapping picture all around. Nice environment without buggers snapping photo all around.
Did you spot the guy wearing blue polo shirt? FYI, He is not a crew, just a random customer and sitting awkwardly pretending he doesn't know my existence. Imagine me holding a camera, standing in front of you, squat half down. *Now I feel myself was being shameless beh pai seh*

Yes, you wouldn't miss out this wall paper.
I hate menu that has so many choices! It's like Kim Gary but way better than it. I'm a girl always have this kind of difficulty in choosing my own meal. It's so hard to choose! Everything looks delicious to me!

Me in dilemma on what should I eat.
Just realise I have big head haha.

A picture tells thousand words. This summarize everything.
Order list:
1.Braised Beef Rice Set
2.Yan-soo chicken
3.Minced chicken noodles (Dry)
4.Fried Pork Rib Rice Set
5.Jiufen Mixes Taro (Hot)
6.Cute and adorable steamboat that I forgot the name *blogger failed*--- Kimchi
7.Cute and Adorable Steamboat - 养生药膳


Good thing is they have set dinner like

So, I no need to spend another 10 minutes choosing which drinks should I try.
Don't be so happy yet, the Fried salted chicken is not in the set yeah, Paiseh. haha
The dinner set comes with Fruits, Main course, Drinks and Dessert worth
Fruits usually is watermelon.
And here is the dessert. It's the picture of the day!! I never know myself is so artistic! so talented to take picture of food. XD *go ahead and vomit, ease yourself after reading this buay paiseh sentence* haha
How many marks would you give out of ten for this photo? *watery puppy eyes, cross fingers, please at least 8 haha* 
If you have dinner there, and you don't have any choice of drinks in idea, Please, you order set! Because I like Black tea (hot) and the dessert!
Later on the owner told me, the black tea is brought in from Taiwan. It's not like other ordinary black tea bag, it's something she proud of as well. I felt that she was glad hear me appreciate Black Tea.

Dessert is not the dessert that people cincai make for set. You can order it from menu. This dessert above named Red bean with Barley Pearl jelly. So, it worthy right? To order your meal in set. Save money and taste the best at the same time, why not?

For the Set Dinner, we ordered Braised Beef Rice set. 蜜汁牛肉饭

Did you see honey on six slice of beef??

In case you didn't see it. Take one more look.

See? Yup! combination of 卤牛肉 marinated beef taste with honey taste even nicer.
Notice not? there are 6 THIN slice of beef. *Yes, Kiamsiap auntie in me counted that. I don't want to but I did that fml*
This is the only time I like beef in thin slice other than having it during steamboat. Sweet marinated beef taste that melt in your mouth. *because it's thin enough*. Some don't like eating beef because most beef too hard to chew, and makes your jaw sore and tiring of chewing. But definitely not in this case.

Fried pork rib set. I prefer the previous one. XP


Another dessert. It's like Tang Yuan la. The Yuan is more Q.很有嚼劲与弹性的圆。Toooiiiing Toooing..
I think it may rebound if you throw it on floor. haha. The soup is the type that put ginger, and I like that.
Because that's how my MUM cook tang yuang.
Got feel not??
The Mini Steamboat..
Yang Shen Yao Shan and Kim Chi

Best thing of having steam boat, it makes you feel homed. =)

THIS!!! This is the most LIKED among us.
Squid Soup 鱿鱼羹
If you like Squid, you should order this. This is the first finished by us. To me, the taste of Squid is heavy and too heavy to me. TO ME la... And I only eat Dried Squid. Squid in rojak, no! Squid in lauk, NO!
Would post another link here to see other people's opinion. But it's not fair that you not try this just because of not-a-fan-of-squid's comment.
Update: 
Here is a post by a fan of this Squid soup.  Click Here

I guess I don't need to say much you also know that Taiwan is famous of fried chicken!! If you don't know, then you should try this out! yan soo chicken, 盐酥鸡!And I believe fried chicken chop would taste nice also!
Crispy, salted, juicy chicken stimulate your taste buds and you wouldn't stop eating until it finish! Next time when you wanna eat fried chicken, you know where to go. Go Happy Wok!
Minced chicken noodles (Dry) that I didn't eat much, so I don't know what to write. *see I'm so honest telling you this!*   *Wait for other blogger to talk about then I put the link in.*

The Sandy joined us after we finish everything. Haha.
Yes! my face is this shocked!
Here's the story behind:
We introduced ourselves to Sandy and as usual, and after she knows my name and I study vet, dear Sandy pop out a appraisal that I felt offended.

Sandy: Wow! 美女兽医 *lenglui veterinarian* 
then you know, I blushed, and people were like start making noise.. Blushed even more. 
Sandy continue: Really!! In Malaysia you are considered as leng lui. 
=.=

Dear Sandy, so lenglui level changes according to nation. 

Never mind,, I would take this praise still. =D 
But, Malaysia has a lot leng lui also. Seriously!! Indian, Malay, Punjabi, Chinese, Sexy, Hot, Elegant, black pretty or snow white, all type you can name out you can found them in Malaysia!  

Later on, I become quite friend with Sandy and she starts introduce me guy to be my boyfriend.
Monkey!! Did you sense that threat? haha.

Then later on I found out that Sandy is around the same age with my MUM!!!
The secret of beauty is eat more vege, and try not to eat much MSG, sleep early, drink tea and water.
When she first came to Malaysia, she was so not used to Malaysian food that mostly are either spicy or sour or salty and lot MSG and so little vege.
I kinda agree. Like wan tan mee... vege not more than 5 small pieces. char kuoy teow, got only taugeh. *But they are tasty...sigh* So, if you wanna look young when you are at middled age, follow the tips. To get more tips and have a healthy lifestyle, Visit Happy Wok!

The drink that super recommended by Sandy.
A picture of pretty beh paiseh me after drinking it!

Malaysia Top Model Spotted in Happy Wok!


Pay a visit at Happy Wok just beside South City Plaza
33, Jalan SP 2/2, Taman Serdang Perdana, Seksyen 2,
43300, Seri Kembangan, Selangor, Malaysia.

For more details, you may visit their website.
The website is in Mandarin... hmmmmm....
Maybe you should just give it a try!

It's a franchise, and there are 10 people interested but so far none of them are approved YET because Sandy emphasize on the food and workers quality. Happy Wok is a restaurant that serve every customers like they are our family members. The best food with the best service that makes you feel homed.
*To Sandy, Happy Wok is home to her where she can eat local Taiwan food everyday.*

What I like?
1. Black tea
2. Braised beef rice
3. dessert! all of them! I like sweet food, that's why I'm sweet beh paiseh me. I just wish myself don't get diabetic mellitus.

Have a nice meal at Happy Wok!

No comments:

Post a Comment